Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday's What????

Because my running SUCKS big time, my question isn't running related.........

I'm sure that every area has a local fixture or something that makes is unique. In the Detroit area one of our favorites is the Coney dog!

With the season premiere of Detroit 1-8-7 last night(which I didn't see), one scene shows someone putting ketchup on a Coney dog!

No one puts ketchup on their Coney dog...................

What does your area have that makes it unique???????

7 comments:

Unknown said...

green chile on everything: pizza, hamburgers, in scrambled eggs, in pasta dishes. That's the food item that makes NM unique.

Joanna said...

Midwesterners and their custard! It's definitely better here than when I lived in Illinois. YUM.

Jess said...

South Florida is pretty eclectic in its food (because no one seems to be FROM here), but obviously, the biggest influence is Latin.

Marlene said...

What the heck is a Coney dog?

Run Jess Run said...

WHAT??!!! KETCHUP ON A CONEY DOG??!!! Everyone knows that the proper coney dog condiments are coney sauce, mustard, and onions.

...and now I want a coney dog...

Anonymous said...

I remember the Coney dogs there - tasty!

Arizona has a lot of Mexican food joints. With the reservations in the state, you can find some really good (and fattening) fry bread.

o2bhiking said...

Barbeque is big here, but hardly unique. But you can definitely get some good "Q".

I add Legend Brewing Company, my favorite microbrew in the world (if if ever drank a beer, which of course I never would, unless the day contains a "Y")

 
;