Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday's Why???????

My Tuesday running club held our annual 8K race on the beautiful island of Belle yesterday evening. It was hot as H E double hockey sticks!!!

So my question is why do so many of us get so nervous before a race?

With all of the training that each of us does, we know that we're going to survive whatever the distance is, in one piece!

I've never been the overall winner of any event and probably never will..............

So why do we have performance anxiety????

LOL, I just read that last sentence!


5 comments:

Joanna said...

LOL! and yeah, I don't know. I get it too.

Marlene said...

It's not about surviving... it's about winning!!! Okay, maybe not, but it's at least about achieveing our goals. PRESSURE!!!

Run Jess Run said...

The unknowns always get me...

Jess said...

I think it's the anticipation that creates the anxiety.

B.o.B. said...

Hilarious.

Mine is cause I'm all nervous that I'll just completely crap out. But then again, even if I do, who really cares???

 
;