Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Is it Just Me??????

I've posted about the issues of Runner's World that make me want to end my subscription.

You know the annual 'how to run in the heat' or ' handling the rigors of winter running'....

Well these last two issues have really made me question my loyalty to the magazine.

Remember since this is my blog, my opinion is the last word so no inflammatory comments.....

Okay, here are the articles that did absolutely nothing for me:
  • Trail running..................... After watching Sandy run 50 miles in it, no thank you!
  • Trail running gear... nuff said.
  • My dog is dead and I never ran with him. He was a terrible running companion.
  • A Fall show review, I bet there are some trail shoes in there.
  • Running while pregnant??? it ain't happening.
  • Pregnant running gear???
  • Coming back from a pregnancy and running.
  • The runner's palette? I thrive on Chips and BEvERages......
  • Rave runs.... I love seeing the winding asphalt and traffic signals on my routes.
I should have a subscriber's profile on their database that excludes all of the articles that I deem not worth sending to me and replaced with stuff like 'How to finish a training run with a hang-over' or 'Can you really lie about your age on the race app'.........

I'll continue subscribing to the magazine(since I'm on auto-renewal) and read the articles that peak my interest as always, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Now that summer is unofficially over, I'll start to think about the cold winter months ahead of us and the new TNT training seasons upcoming.

Have you ever had a person at work that never speaks to you and one day is you BFF??? I had that happen today and it's freaking me out. This guy and I never talk and today I have to hide from him.....


7 comments:

Joanna said...

This post made me laugh!! I have to say though, I do like the running pregnant articles, because I ran until I was 6+ months along. I got stared at a lot, but I was having fun and being safe. I like your suggested article titles. Good stuff.

Marlene said...

LMAO, Ken... you are so particular!


Did you just saw Winter??? I just want to enjoy fall!

Carly said...

LOL...I dumped my subscription for many of the same reasons.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Hehehehe.. They run out of things to write about...from the sound of it most articles are geared toward the female runners... you could start a "Men's Running" or "Drinkers Running" magazine :)

Q said...

LOL at Meg's comment!

Was there really an article about a dog dying?

Anonymous said...

LOL!
I stopped subscribing in January when all the articles started to seem to repeat themselves.

If you have tips on running with a hangover, I'm sure there's a big audience who can use the advice!

Bethany + Ryan said...

oooh, sorry about the "BFF" at work, i've got one of those too, definitely creepy andi find myself always hiding!! good luck with that!

 
;