Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wednesday's Why?????

The one constant that you’ll usually see in a good sized health club is a sauna. Now it can be a wet or dry sauna but most will have one. I usually partake in a fifteen minute sweatfest because it helps in blood circulation and helps with the relief of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).

My question is why are the majority of individuals in sauna of the older generations? Is it the relaxation aspect or do younger people lack the patience to sit in a relaxing environment? I’m not sure if this crosses over to the female persuasion but it definitely hold true for the guys.

10 comments:

Christie said...

I have no idea. The Y has a sauna, but no one is ever in it.

Jess said...

Old people need heat. That's why they have all migrated here to FL.

tfh said...

Nope, the women's sauna is always filled with young, nubile supermodel types. With foreign accents. I'm only sort of kidding. I have a feeling some girls tend to think sauna will make them thinner?

TNTcoach Ken said...

LOL.I knew it, and they have those really short towels.................

Jeff said...

Honestly, I don't get the sauna. After an hour or two working out in the gym building up a nice schvitz, the last thing I'm interested in is 15 more minutes of profuse sweating. I guess the age break is something north of my 43 years -- or I'm much less mature in the patience department.

Marlene said...

What towels?! j/k

I have never used the sauna at my gym...I have a hard time being patient enough to sit in a hot epsom bath for more than 5 minutes.

Lily on the Road said...

I LOVE the sauna & the hot tub, but then I'm probably older than you! LOL....and really, what towels???

Marci said...

I think it just feels good with little effort. Perfect for any older people or runners!

L*I*S*A said...

I love the sauna...I find that it really energizes me once I get out. Not sure why...

Sonia said...

I have no idea. I like the sauna too!

 
;