1) Wow a week since I last posted? It's not like I don't have the time to post extremely valuable information onto the Interweb but I get sooooooo lazy! I need a course in time management especially this time of year. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like going to bed once you get home from work?
2) I've been going to the local track to get in my running/walking and I'm finally up to running 400 meters with no real knee pain. I don't want to push it so I'll continue with the run/walk for a few more weeks.
3) I forgot to show off the TNT Spring 2013 team, we're small but mighty!
....and these guys show what is not a recovery drink and they are not affiliated with the team...
1) I think I've become 'That Old Guy' at the gym. I'm the old guy that talks to the other regular old guys and have stories of how life was before WWII. At what age did this happen??????
2) I was so tempted to purchase a winter running jacket last night for $150!!!! Then I remembered how much $150 is..............Isn't it funny that's only two pairs of shoes and the jacket will last longer than the shoes but I couldn't pull the trigger and justify it to myself....... What's the most expensive thing you run in???
3) We seem to be having a resurgence in running in our downtown area. New groups of urban dwellers are popping up on a regular basis. Is this happening where you are????
Wow, it's been a long time away from work and the gym!
They have yet to repair the scale at the gym and it continues to spew ridiculously high numbers each time I step on it! I've complained several times to the attendants about it, but they just laugh..... WTF?
I've been sneaking in some actual running into my workouts but nothing worth bragging about(100 meters of speed). I still have to applaud people that walk, it takes forever!
Our local Turkey Trot was a cluster f*&k, from the starting corrals to the finish line!
The race has grown to the point of being too BIG! I've spoken to a few runners that agree and it got totally bashed on Facebook as well.
Have you ever participated in a terrible race?
Thankfully, I was handing out water at the Finish line and only hit one woman in the head with a water bottle. Who knew the guy would miss a perfect toss to him????
I have totally fallen off track with my 10,00 pushups for 2012! Between the knee surgery and one-man pit party, I over 1500 pushups behind!
That's why I hate challenges...................... HA
Since I'm not running of cycling, I decided to try something new!
That's right, WALKING................
So I embarked on my trek to get in at least a mile. I figured if I couldn't walk a mile how could I possibly run a mile???
Walking is so much different than running in the sense that people look at you strange. Why is this guy walking on the shoulder of the road? Why is he dressed like a runner(no walking gear)? Why is he looking at his watch so much?
Now I remember why I started running, walking takes forever!!!!!
I also now have more respect for those race-walkers! I could barely get in a sub-18 minute mile, how do they go so fast?
Every now and then I would attempt to run to test out the knee and it reminded me why I was walking. That pounding that each of us takes with each step.....
I was able to get in two miles and immediately iced my knee. This is going to be a long recovery for this old guy!
1) My knees is recovery really good, although I'm still hesitate to do any 'real' stuff on it. I can walk and go up stairs with no problems, but I won't be running or jumping or lifting really heavy objects with it yet.
2) Now I'm having some pain in my other knee/ WTF????? I'm certain it's from compensating over an extended period of time before and after surgery. I'm just icing it and elevating. So now I can take the ice off of one knee and place it on the other knee. No need to use a timer or anything..........
3) I'm pregnant! Okay, just checking to see if you're still reading.... I'm still debating if I should sleep in on Thanksgiving or wake up at an un-Godly hour to go volunteer for our local Turkey Trot? We have a tradition at the Turkey Trot but we also get home later, which mean dinner is later.
I know how annoying it is to fix Christmas lights but this seems extreme, why not buy new lights?????
I get to go out and paint the mile-markers for our local Turkey Trot tomorrow morning. It's always fun to vandalize the city streets and no one bothers you if you have on a reflective vest!
I think the three items a person could wear/carry and not have anyone question what they're doing are a hard hat, a reflective vest and a clipboard. You can actually stop traffic if you have all three.
I'm watching the Kona Ironman that I recorded to get motivated but it's always at night while I'm on the couch enjoying a BEvERage!
I'm still debating if I want to sleep in on Thanksgiving or volunteer at the turkey trot. We've volunteered for the last 106 years.
I'm still contemplating when will I attempt to get my first run in after the surgery.......