Monday, September 14, 2009

R.I.C.E.

I'm not sure but I don't seem to be getting better with R.I.C.E. (Running In Compression shorts Everyday)!

I have been icing my hamstring and the discomfort almost got me to turn around and call it quits!

After 256 days, I was so close to saying 'the hell with it'........

But I didn't, I just found my marathon shuffle and tried to run not using my legs. I know it sounds funny but I would try anything to get me through that damn mile!

I'm sure that people that saw me made comments about that old guy jogging................OUCH!

So my next approach will be to load up on Ibuprofen, who needs a liver anyway????????

Sunday was a Lions, Tigers and Bears oh my.........day.

We took in a Tiger game and brought them good luck to end a five-game losing streak. This was followed by listening to the Lions barely lose to New Orleans Saints, so it wasn't a nail-biter.

Not having enough football this weekend, I got a chance to see my Green Bay Packers defect the Chicago Bears. I paid for that when the alarm went off this morning.......

So football is in the air which also means Fall marathons. Everyone should be geared up for some 20 milers in the upcoming weeks. I just want to run.........

Okay, time to pop another pill.............

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you know better - only rest is going to heal the issue. Then you can start another streak.

Marlene said...

KEN! I think you may be confused about "RICE".

Get well soon, buddy!

Running 365 said...

I feel irresponsible not urging you to rest like everyone else, but I understand your dilemma! I can't believe I threw away 275 days.

kara said...

Compression shorts - OMG!

Jess said...

IB isn't hard on your liver. That's Tylenol.

I think.

Katie said...

You mean you didn't watch the Cowboys? *Sigh*

Lily on the Road said...

Compression shorts, hmmmmm, no wonder you are taking baby steps....LOL...

 
;