Sunday, September 6, 2009

Is this the End????

Yesterday while having an easy morning run, I encountered some severe pain behind my left knee!

I stopped and tried to bend/stretch it out, but that wasn't working. I decided to head back home and was only able to hobble back because of the pain.

I began ice treatment along with ibuprofen in an effort to catch whatever this was.

I spent the entire day limping around the house.

The funny thing is this is my 'good' knee, not the one that has been scoped!

Last night was a series of waking up to pain every time I tried to shift my leg while sleeping. I must have awakened at least ten times.

Needless to say, I wasn't able to run this morning because of the stiffness and pain. I'm still using ice and heat on the area, hoping that I will at least be able to walk without a limp!

To top it off, the weather is absolutely gorgeous and I can't do anything!

So, the streak is in jeopardy of coming to an end, unless things get better fast or I can sneak out of the house without Sandy knowing and do four laps around the track.....

6 comments:

kara said...

Bummer.... u better RICE it - now!

Marlene said...

Follow your instincts... don't do anything stoooopid.

Hope it's okay... MORE ICE! MORE IBUPROFEN!

o2bhiking said...

Hey, even Cal Ripkin and the "Iron Horse" had to have their streaks end. Take care of yourself and start another impressive streak when you are better.

Coach Liz said...

If it is muscular, it could be your popilitial muscle at the back of your knee. It can take over if you are having hamstring and piriformis issues and when it compensates for the other bigger muscles it gets worn out fast since it is so little.

Try a stretch where you put your foot up on a curb like you would do a hamstring stretch. Keep your knee bent, flex your toes back hard up to your knee, slightly bend forward at the hips until you feel that pull in the leg and the back of the knee and hold for a good 60-90 seconds.

Go find a good sports chiropractic doctor!

Kim said...

Let us know how it's going! Hope you're back on track.

B.o.B. said...

R.I.C.E. and pity party for two. Count me in!

 
;