Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday's Thoughts............

I haven't run in over a week, trying not to aggravate my groin issue. I can tell it's getting better just by doing normal stuff like sneezing and not hurting!

I've been hitting the gym more and it's beginning to get old.... There are only so many WODs that I can do without affecting the groin....

Our weather has returned to normal Mitten state March weather and I can honestly say that I enjoyed the warmer stuff. I was even tempted to start the gardening ting but I knew it was too good to be true.

The team has their big 20/12 miler this coming weekend and I need to make it as festive as possible. I'm thinking of trying to get them to go a tad further and see if they notice. What's another mile or two after 20?????

What would you do if you didn't have running and racing?

Could you just run and never race?


6 comments:

Marlene said...

I would eat a lot of junk food... watch a lot of TV... oh wait, I do that already... SLEEP IN ON THE WEEKEND!

B.o.B. said...

since i cannot run right now, i'm spinning, swimming, and trying new ways to torture myself. i went to a crossboot class last night and i can barely raise my arms. please help. lol!

hope the groin is better soon.

Terzah said...

I'm sorry about your groin. In case misery loves company, sneezing and coughing make my back hurt, too.

And I'm slowly getting used to life with no running. Sigh. I don't want to get TOO used to it, though.

Rose (Hacker Half Marathon) said...

I used to think that running and not racing was just crazy, but I'm kind of doing it. Until I decide to run a half marathon and then PR in it. It's a great feeling to be able to register for a race on a whim and do well.

Sun Runner said...

I couldn't run all last summer, so I bought an old bike and spent a lot of time riding around town. I also walked a lot. It was hard, though. I would see other people out running and I would just HATE them for being able to run when I couldn't.

I like racing because I enjoy the energy of the crowd, seeing people I know, and letting excitement and adrenaline boost me to a good performance.

Kathy said...

So excited to come run with your group this weekend - kind of wish this was one of my 20 milers - oh well 12 is good too!
Thanks again for letting this outta towner join up!

 
;