Thursday, September 17, 2009

Blisters???????

How could I get blisters from doing a Zumba dance/exercise class?????

Because I was wearing a pair of running shoes, which are made for running! I surprised everyone and actually joined in on the dancing fun of the class. I was sweating after only three songs....

Running sucks!

It was a combination of several dance styles that required non-skid footwear. I had to ice my knee afterward from all of the sudden stopping movements.

It did feel good to get my Fred Astaire on though.

I've noticed a pattern in Blogland lately. All of the people that are running really good and having no problems with their training, post about it on a regular basis. Stuff like interval splits and lunchtime runs or swims. They even post what they eat before a great run or what their recovery eating habits are.
Running sucks!

Then there are the others that are injured and can't participate in the sport that the love. So we blog about any and everything under the sun, other than our running.
Running sucks

Hence, my post about Zumba class and the fact that I'll be leaving my exercise nirvana in two more days.


Who said change was good???????????

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Change CAN be good. Be positive!!

Kudos for trying out the zumba class and shakin' what your moma gave ya!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i'd rather run than dance, but that's just cuz i can't dance, and i'm not afraid to admit it. lol. Sucks about the blisters though. :(

Lily on the Road said...

ya, well, at least you haven't resorted to posting pictures of your gardens or birds in your gardens...or what let's see, pictures of the moon! LMAO

Zumba baby, Zumba...

o2bhiking said...

Pretty cool, I'd say, other than the blisters.

B.o.B. said...

You must have read my post on hair removal. LOL! (I saw your comment you funny, funny man.)

Please take photos next time. I will take a class if you will. I am sure that Beyonce has nothing on me.

Coach Liz said...

I would have given my eye teeth to see you shaking your money-maker in that Zumba class. Even better if you would have been dancing to Shakira's "She Wolf".

 
;