Thursday, September 3, 2009

T.G.I.(virtual)F.

That's right to is my Friday! A four day weekend, with almost perfect weather predicted for the high-five state.

My department will be relocating in a couple of weeks, so I need to find a new gym. I have been spoiled having facilities right in the building, so I never had an excuse about getting in some exercise.

So my choices are the mega gym(Lifetime Fitness), the old franchise(Ballys), the strip mall contender (24 hour fitness) or the city community center....

I've been a member of Lifetime and Ballys, so I know what they're about and how much it will cost. So my plan is to get guest passes for each and take them for a test drive when we move. If I can get a week at each place, that should handle the first month for free.

My running shouldn't be affected, since there are sidewalks and residential areas to run in.

One funny thing about moving is now everyone and their mother is beginning to run at lunchtime. I'll lose some running friends in the process also.

Remember when we said it was a time for change back in November? Well I wasn't talking about this kind..

Oh well, I just cry in my BEvERage.....

3 comments:

B.o.B. said...

Buck up little soldier! Moving could be good for you. Closer to bars at lunchtime perhaps???

o2bhiking said...

Well at least you can say TGI(V)F!

Moves are always stressful. But sounds like you have a good plan, and some good workout options. Have a great 4 day weekend in the meantime. Art

Coach Liz said...

If I was not an employee of one of those gyms, I would give you my opinion but I need to keep my job right now. LOL!

 
;