Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Popsicle Toes

I had a great time at the 20th year Anniversary celebration for TNT last night. I had an opportunity to see people that I haven’t seen since their events. As with a lot of us, some of them had fallen off the wagon of running and were ready to get back into it. Last night celebration was also the kick-off of registration for the summer 2008 teams.
We had 57 people register for summer events last night! I’ll have the opportunity to coach a few of my old team members.
Another thing about last night that still amazes is how many people are touched by these blood cancers. A co-worker of mine was in attendance with his wife, who is a survivor and a past Honored Hero. This guy works on the same floor as I do and he never mentioned a thing about his wife.
Went to spinning class at lunch and missed the opportunity of running in the sunshine. Oh well, it’ll be back in a few weeks!
We’re going to be hit with some Arctic temperatures in the next few days, so the outdoor running is going to get interesting. I always have issues with my feet getting really cold. I’ve tried all of the socks available to mankind and I still get Popsicle (Michael Franks reference) toes. It’s really hard to get the group out for a long run in single digit temps! I’ll have to come up with some bribes to entice them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with those cold temps...yow! single digits...now that's cold!

 
;