Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Their First Race

I forgot to mention that I had the pleasure of seeing two of my Team in Training participants at the New Year’s Eve 4 Mile race. This was their first ‘official’ race since we started training in November.
I kept telling them to not go out to fast even if is seemed they were running really slow. I remember my first race and not knowing how fast to pace myself. Why shouldn’t I be in the lead group, even if it meant running in an all out sprint? I learned my lesson real quick. These ladies even ran together the first mile, I’m sure if nothing else this helped running with a familiar person.
Anyway, both of these ladies finished in times well below what they had expected, which was great.
One of Sandy’s Xmas gifts was a headlamp for those runs in the dark and she finally got a chance to use it this morning. She was able to slip and slid through the surrounding sub-divisions like a drunken coal miner. I myself took the road most traveled by many, the dreadmill!

1 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Glad that everyone had a great time at the race. I'd love one of those headlamps for those days when I set out a little earlier than normal.

 
;