Friday, January 25, 2008

Something Different

We’re starting a new program at work to promote getting physically fitter for 2008. They’re calling it the 08 in 2008, which is a series of eight physical activities done in a circuit environment and you’re timed.
Here are the activities:

¾ mile stationary bike at a moderately residence
25 abdominal crunches
500 yards on the rowing machine
15 pushups
20 step ups
15 dips
20 lunges (10/leg)
¼ mile run

Each of these activities should be performed with limited time in between, so you accumulated time is what you want to improve upon. Needless to say you shouldn’t sandbag to have a really good improvement time.
I completed mine in 9:14 without pushing myself hard at any one activity.
As always, the competitive juices are starting to flow around the gym to determine the Top Dog.
I was amazed at the amount of sweat that was pouring out of me at the end of the run. So let’s see how much I can improve over the course of two months.
I begin my run across Arizona on Sunday, so that will be more motivation to get out and run.
I heard some really good reviews on ‘Spirit of the Marathon’ and most people can’t wait until the DVD is released. It sounds like a good movie to get those running juices flowing. Maybe we’ll attend the February 21st showing.
TGIF

1 comments:

Pat said...

9 minutes looks pretty good to me. good luck and run strong across Arizona.

 
;