Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bread and Water


Well its official, I’m severely dehydrated and malnourished.

Every time we have a Team in Training clinic on nutrition, I reevaluate my eating/drinking habits.

If it wasn’t for my beer consumption, I would look like an elite runner (skin and bone).

I am going to force myself to drink at least 64 oz. of water a day. This will be an increase of 62 oz a day for me!

I hate the stuff and have to thing of ways to trick myself into drinking it.

On the caloric intake side, I’m not a breakfast eater so I’m at a deficit even before lunch time rolls around.

I went out to http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/default.htm to get an idea of how bad I was really doing on a daily basis and my eating habits SUCK!

Just as training and natural talent will take you so far in endurance events, the fuel that you put into your body will have a direct effect on your performance (duh)!

So I’ll be tracking what I consume for the next few days to get a better idea of where I am and go from there.

It was another warmer than usual day but I opted for strength training rather than push my knee for another day of running.

3 comments:

P.O.M. said...

I'm not a breakfast eater eight, but a few things that help me in the morning:
**CHOCOLATE SOY MILK!!!!
**APPLES (only get peanut butter on them when I'm running more than 5 mi in the morning).
**YOGURTS with kashi cereal as a topping (I'm over this right now though)

Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

your comments on your water intake cracked me up. I can totally relate...pass on any words of wisdom as far as getting water down...its a challenge.

Sonia said...

my eating habits stinks too... that,s why I gained 20 lbs!! OMG time to look at that pyramid website and get back on track. Seriously!! Seriously!!

 
;