Friday, January 4, 2008

Heatwave


We’re having a heat wave! That’s right, eat your hearts out Arizona and Florida.

We’re getting into the fifties in the next few days.

It’s this type stuff that makes it tolerable to live in the Winter Wonderland.

As one radio personality always says about this area, ‘..why would anyone have stopped to live in this frozen tundra?’

I’ve asked myself that a thousand times, always during the long winter months.

This is the time of year the days are actually getting longer by minutes and you can tell!

I self-diagnosed myself with Seasonal Affective Disorder, you know when you can sleep for ten hours and wake up tired!

It’s just something about awakening in the dark and getting home in the dark that drives me crazy!

So whenever we have a chance for decent weather, you have to take advantage.

I have to shake up the long run routine for my team, I’m thinking having them run marathon pace for one mile in the middle.

So with the warmer temps, I’ll be outside as much as possible this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like great running conditions! enjoy your days of "heat"!!

Pat said...

enjoy the weather. we like to share great weather down here in AZ.

 
;