Sunday, August 23, 2009

Perfect Running Weather, but WTF?????

We made out annual trek to Flint, Michigan for the Crim 10 mile road race. This year was the official running of the Woman's USATF Championship. There didn't appear to be any gender related problems with the participants.

This race is normally held on a hot and humid day in August, so to have have temps in the sixties was unheard of. This was suppose to be my goal race for the year but the pain in my Arse insured that wouldn't happen.

I still started the race knowing I would drop out after two miles, which is funny when other runners just see you stop for no apparent reason.

So I was able to make my way to the finish line and watch the elite runners finish in unreal times. This is a hilly course and still these cheaters finish in less than 47 minutes. They have to be cheating.....

It was really great to see a bunch of friends and TNT alumni participate in this event. I don't know about you but it always amazes me how many runners I know by name....

The WTF part is putting on long pants to go to dinner. It's summer time, I'm suppose to be in shorts.

I also have to start thinking about my fantasy football draft picks.

Can you say Adrian Peterson........

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Sorry to hear that your injury got in the way of your race, but sounds like you still had a good day.

Libbie said...

Cheaters, well, that's what I say! Makes me wish I'd been able to run the Crim this year. The weather was amazing!

 
;