Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Recap - No Fun in Mudville

This past weekend wasn't the best of running weekends for me. We had rain, heat and humidity for both days.

I normally will not complain about the weather. As I tell my co-workers, as long as you don't have to rescue me off of my roof, I can handle Michigan weather.

Saturday's run began in the rain! Now who in their right mind starts a training run in the rain?


Remember, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer...........

My hamstring is getting better and I'm running with compression shorts.

Boy, it would be nice to run and nor feel any discomfort from the very start! I know R.I.C.E.............

It's that damn streak that Pat made me start back in January and I just read where he's starting to run again. Go Pat!

Sunday was hot and humid and those are the two words we really hate to hear, except for 'no beer'....

So it wasn't a fun weekend in the high-five state.......

3 comments:

Marlene said...

It should really be B.R.I.C.E. I'm sure you can guess what the B stands for.

Lily on the Road said...

Oy, you need a vacay!! or at least an afternoon in the garage with the door up, feet up and enjoying an adult BEvERage....

CoachLiz said...

Hey, I have started more than my fair share of runs in the rain. The worst ones are when the rain accompanies temps in the 40's. Running in the rain in the summer is great...just as long as I don't get struck by lightning.

 
;