Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh Happy Day


I may actually be on the mend with this pain in the Arse!

I was able to get in a 2 mile run with little or no discomfort.

Can I get a Hallelujah???????

I'll continue to ice and stretch and ice and stretch, because I am SMRT smart..........

The weather in the high-five state is actually getting cooler, so we may be donning the long-sleeved shirts for our morning runs.

I didn't get fired from being a course marshal the other evening at our club's 8k race. I did however encounter the strangest thing to happen to me in a race. Here's the Reader's digest version:

I was positioned at the 4 mile mark of the race and runners began telling me about a runners that had collapsed on the course. When I got to the gentleman, he appeared to be suffering from dehydration as well as being somewhat delusional. He refused to take any fluids, saying that we were trying to poison him!!!!! My lucky day........

We contacted EMS and upon their arrival I walked to the finish line, since the last runner/walker had passed and my job was done.

Upon arriving at the finish area, I was shocked to see my new found friend was creating a scene shouting about how we were trying to kill him, like Micheal Jackson! Having saved his life on the course, I was able to calm him down enough until a friend of his took him to his car.

So was all this a side effect of being dehydrated or was he just a little unstable?

Do we need to add another checkbox on the race application about mental stability?

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Dehydration can cause crazy things, but... wow.

kara said...

And you let him drive?
LOL

CoachLiz said...

That guy was a nut. He must have been really dehydrated.....and under medicated.

Jess said...

Huh. That's a weird one.

Nice job on your pain free 2 miler!

o2bhiking said...

Holy crap - yeah, I am not shrink but the guy sounded seriously delusional. Poison him? I mean come on, if he thought you were putting spiders in his powergel and plotting to have him arrested and sent to a Turkish prison, well everyone thinks that in a race, right? But poison him? That's nuts!

Glad to hear that the Wolverine State is cooling down. I'll be up there in 3 months.

Great news about your injury improving. Art

B.o.B. said...

Hallelujah! (or however you spell that damn word. too lazy to look it up)

It's not nice to poison runners and kill them like MJ. Just saying.

 
;