Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Shut it Down Clancy

Well since my 2009 peak race has gone by the wayside, I'm shutting down race training for this year and just concentrate on getting well and coaching for the upcoming TNT season.

I'll still train but I'm already looking forward to 2010 and some early season races. I miss racing!

It's so rewarding to push your body to the limit, to challenge yourself when everything in you wants to stop.

I envy all of you guys that have taken part in so many events this year and still have a full schedule of races for the remainder of 2009.

So I'll have to take out my frustrations on those poor TNT souls to make them better runners.

We have our running club 8k race this evening and I get to be a course marshal. I was fired as a split timer for giving out erroneous split times. So I hope that I can give directions better than splits.

4 comments:

Marlene said...

It sucks not being able to race! Take care of yourself so you can make up for it next year.

B.o.B. said...

You'll be right as rain soon and ready to race. Try not to get fired again though. ;)

Lily on the Road said...

Ken, my buddy, my friend, I am in the same boat this year. Let's just take the year and enjoy volunteering, getting better and re-grouping (fired or not).

Please know that I "do know" how you're feeling, because I do.

Caulk it up to another learning curve, we will be okay....xoxoxox

Jess said...

Some years are like that, but at least you have TNT to keep you motivated!

 
;