Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tricks of the Trade

Some of my runs lately have been less than desirable, but the streak must go on!

I find myself using mind games to get through some of the tough times. Over the years, I've come things like:

  • If I see a person smoking, I tell myself how clear my lungs are.
  • I visualize one mile that I could run forever.
  • I love running in the street facing traffic, so I have to smile and have great form.
  • Every time I encounter another runner, I have great form.
  • I speak to every transient person that I encounter.
  • I tell myself how my age-group competitors are training.
I need to get my Mojo back.

5 comments:

Pat said...

are you still running every day? Holy smokes, that's impressive. How many days is it now?

TNTcoach Ken said...

Pat (let's start a running streak) it's been 230 days....

o2bhiking said...

Good gosh - 230 days straight? you never lost your mojo!

Marlene said...

230 days... seriously impressive, Ken.

Christie said...

You and me both. My mojo has been MIA for a while now. That is quite an impressive streak though. I hope you keep it going.

 
;