Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

With the colder temps and accumulated snow and ice on the roads, I’ve been become closer to my bike in the basement. I just can’t muster up enough mental willpower to run outside in the dark.
I’ve increased the intensity of my cycling, thanks to Coach Troy and his Spinerval DVDs. You would think I was thinking of doing a tri or something. I’m doing my strength training during the day and getting on the bike when I get home! The hard part is getting past the refrigerator that dispenses those cold adult beverages!!!
On another note, music lovers beware! I just got an email about the crackdown on headphones and what the ramifications will be. There is an article in Runner’s World but a person I know received a certified letter stating his official results were being taken out of the Minneapolis Twin Cities Marathon and he will be denied entry in 2008! All of this based on his finish line photo with headphones!!!!!

2 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

I'm not surprised at the crackdown of headphones. I did my first marathon without 'em in Chicago, and while it was certainly different than my training, it was enjoyable in a whole different way.

I'll be curious to see where this takes us as runners in the long haul.

TNTcoach Ken said...

It’s a plot by Nike to get everyone to buy their Ipod Skull Cap! It’s always the ‘Man’ trying to keep us down!

 
;