Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Do Over

We’re having our Michigan Chapter of Team in Training’s Twentieth Year Celebration tonight. I get to see alumni from the past twenty years, which should include a few that I helped, get through their events. I am geeked!
I was glad to read that everyone got through this weekend with no major problems but it got me to thinking. Just from reading each individual blog over the course of the past few months, I really couldn’t predict how anyone would finish. I would read that someone had a really great 10 miles run and their split times were consistent. Then I would read that someone had a terrible long run and issues with some of their body parts.
I know that when I’ve had problems during the marathon it has been in part to my limited long runs and not having the mental fortitude to get through the bad patches in a timely manner. That combined with poor nutrition have been my downfalls.
So while it’s still fresh in the minds of some of you, what would you do over in your training that you think would have helped make the event even a little better?
I had to do the dreadmill today, since we got some of the white stuff and the roads were really sloppy.

0 comments:

 
;