Tuesday, January 29, 2008

PT


I was reading P.O.M. and she brought up an interesting point that I guess I just took for granted. She mentioned the relationship that you form with a Physical Therapist during your running career.
Now this may not apply to every single runner out there, because some of you are just gifted with a good gait and your body is just built for putting gin long miles without a problem.
Now I on the other hand was built for being able to peer over cubicle walls without standing on my toes or ingesting large volumes of beer without continually running to the john.
Well, since I’m not one of the lucky ones that can run forever without getting hurt I’ve seen my PT on several occasions. I can even ask her advice on any of my new aches and pains associated with running, free of charge!
We even occasionally will do strength training together, to ensure I’m doing everything correct.
So if you indeed plan on continuing this running thang, don’t be surprised when you make that first appointment with your friendly neighborhood Physical Therapist.

1 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

My hubby is working with a physical therapist regarding a back injury and post-operatively. He's doing a lot of great stuff!

 
;