Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Change is a cumin'

Day two of consuming my Recommended Daily allowance of H2O and charting my diet.

How the hell do people eat healthy?

I’m struggling to get in my veggies and grain, especially since it doesn’t calculate the grains in beer!

The water is a lot more manageable since I fill my bottle on the way to the john.

I have my canister of Gatorade Instant Mix at my desk, so I have a little flavoring.

According to MyPyramidTracker, I consumed 3455 calories yesterday. I was good on everything but Cholesterol and Sodium, the two areas that I should keep a close eye on.

The other part of this plan is that you have to plan! (duh)

I mean preparing food before you wan tot eat it. I’ll probably need to go get some vegetables and do that cutting thing and pack them for little midday snacks.

I hope that tenth of a second off my marathon time is worth all of this.

2 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Ah, eating healthier... One thing I definitely need to work on, especially once crazy marathon training is over! Good luck!

Libbie said...

Eating healthy isn't all that bad. Chris and I eat a lot of salads so we can get lots of veggies in every day. I've noticed a huge improvement in my running when I eat well, but I always drink a beer (for carbs, of course) before a big run or race!

 
;