Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Down Goes Frazier

It wasn’t fun and it surely wasn’t pretty but I got in my evening run. The streets were in terrible condition, with ice and slush and buses! Since the sidewalks weren’t shoveled, I was forced to run in the streets of downtown Detroit. Now I usually enjoy running in the streets but with the parked cars and ice it made for some treacherous running.
I guess I’ve been fortunate to have never fallen while running but I have seen runners take a dive. So just as I’m about to enter the restaurant to replenish my depleted fluids with the golden nectar, I find the only patch of ice on the sidewalk and go down, not hard but down nonetheless. Fortunately only my ego was bruised.
I can tell that I’m getting into those mid-winter blahs, when everyday seems cold and dark and I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. I need a long warm vacation!!!!!

0 comments:

 
;