Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Let it Snow


Well 2008 came in with a bang, sort of. We got dumped on with about six inches of the white stuff.
Sandy and I were contemplating running in the New Year’s Day Resolution Run but we shoveled snow instead. This means that we’ll be on the bikes after the shoveling ends.
The timing of the snow was perfect for our New Year’s Eve Race. Almost everything went off without a hitch. We had over 1100 participants, which was an increase from last year. If the snow had fallen yesterday, no telling what the outcome would have been. We would have been like Chicago but running out of hot chocolate instead of water!
I want to thank everyone for accompanying me through the previous year and I’m looking forward to bigger and better things in 2008.
Okay time to get back out and push some snow into my neighbor’s driveway!

6 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Happy new year to you!!! Hope 2008 is great. :)

Libbie said...

Happy New Year! Angela and I had the greatest time volunteering at the race yesterday. She actually thanked me for dragging her along! What a terrific group of people. We feel lucky to be part of such a group. See you in two weeks at DTRWs!

Libbie said...

Happy New Year! Angela and I had such a great time volunteering at the race yesterday. What a great group of people! She thanked me for dragging her along. See you in two weeks at the DTRWs!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year...I look forward to following your comments on training for CM Marathon!
Do you have a team coming down from TNT?

TNTcoach Ken said...

Yes Christy, I'll be back down there in April.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Happy New Year Ken. Look forward to reading you in 2008.

 
;