Monday, January 14, 2008

Off The Wagon

Well I fell off of the wagon this weekend with my newly found nutrition plan. I don’t think a glass of water in its true state crossed my lips. My diet consisted of potato chips and beer for the most part. I blame Sandy, since she was in Orlando running 44 miles in two days with Team in Training. Leaving the cooking to me Great job Coach Sandy.
Hey did I mention the Packers won?
This weekend was a busy one for quite a few bloggers out there in Blogland. Congratulations to Running Pat for completing the Rock N Roll marathon in Arizona. Pat actually met TNT Coach Bruce from Michigan at mile 22. Runner Gal Leana for completing the Goofy Challenge down at Disney. Marathon Moon completed her first marathon at Disney also. Each of these individuals had a different reason to start and continue to train even when things became a little difficult.
It’s these types of people that put a smile on my face and make my job as a TNT coach so enjoyable. It’s also these people that give me the inspiration to continue with my training despite the numerous aches and pains that years of pounding the pavement have taken on this old body.
So after that pep talk I’m taking my butt to the basement and get some miles in on the bike, go figure.

2 comments:

Pat said...

The TnT support at the RnR AZ was tremendous. Just like last year. I can't run past a TnT'er without saying hi. Thanks for being a coach, we runners appreciate it.

L*I*S*A said...

I know what you mean about getting motivation from others. Sometimes it's the only thing that gets me out the door!

 
;