Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts

When I first saw the women’s synchronized diving I just watched for a few minutes and switched to something else, knowing that this wasn’t going to hold my attention. So what does NBC show in primetime last night? Men’s synchronized diving and is it just me of did a lot of those guys look a little weak in the wrist? Why was I subjected to seeing these ‘divers’ in those little skimpy Speedos? I think the Women’s Beach Volleyball team is wearing the same shorts as these guys!

The running gods must have read my last post and decided that my next run wouldn’t be as pleasurable. I didn’t have any real aches and pains, I just never got into a rhythm with my stride. It seemed as if I was galloping instead of my normal Gazelle-like stride (I wish)!

Have any of you given thought to about how much time you spend exercising a week? Now I’m not just talking about running but the whole enchilada, cycling and weight training and yoga and anything else you can think of. I’m sure it’s probably a lot more time than you realize.

Some of you asked about Wall Ball and it’s a 20 pound medicine ball being thrown against the wall. Give it try next time you’re in the gym.

5 comments:

Runner Leana said...

I pulled my report and I have spent 186:09:59 exercising since January 1. That translates into just shy of 8 days. I kind of thought it might be more, but maybe that isn't too bad..??

Did I miss your report on your 300 mile ride?

Lily on the Road said...

I'm afraid to put it down in hours. But somehow I truly don't think it is enough!

CoachLiz said...

Ken,

Men's Syncro Diving is for the gals to watch. Now that the male swimmers wear the long Lazer tights or full body suites, we have to have something to oggle at.

You guys have the women's beach vollyball, and we have diving.

Even...

Viv said...

I don't want to think about the hours, but I know that lately I feel it is not enough. Not saying nothing about the divers but I understand. I personally enjoy the women volleyball players more.

Kim said...

You are a mess! And those ARE some short shorts! I would rather see them on the women then the men. The women just look better-and I'm not weak int he wrists either-it's just the truth.

 
;