Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Secret


Believe it or not, I've found the secret to running success for me.

It's not the shoes or any training gizmo that strengthens your legs in thirty seconds.

The secret to running success is eat like crap for two consecutive days and go running early in the morning.

That's right, I had an awesome run after two days of crappy eating. To be certain, you may want to throw in one night of interrupted sleep.

I ran like I haven't run in years. Now don't get me wrong, it wasn't fast or lengthy but it seemed like I was floating with each stride. It was Gazelle like (in my mind).

Now I need to figure out a way to chart my crappy eating and lack of sleep.

I may add some over-indulgence of BEvERages to see what effect that has.

Wow, I feel like a mad scientist.....

6 comments:

Sonia said...

I'm enjoying this scientific experiement.... a lot... could you expand on what kind of crap you ate ;-)

L*I*S*A said...

Sounds like you've found the secret!

Jess said...

Huh. I thought you might say that you ran super fast because you needed to reach a toilet, but apparently, you're just superhuman!

CoachLiz said...

Dude, you just got all the glycogen back into your muscles with all those Ding Dongs, Twinkies, and Coconut Sno-Balls.

Submit your article to Runner's World when you get a chance.

Lily on the Road said...

nothing like a good dose of preservatives and hops to make you feel gazelle like!!

LMAO at CoachLiz...I concur!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

I have the eating like crap part down. Now I just have to wake up and run.

 
;