Thursday, August 7, 2008

Good Times


Well it had to happen eventually, 'A bad training run'.

I'm talking about one of those runs when nothing goes right. I couldn't find my rhythm and my breathing was labored. I even felt twinges and aches in spots that normally haven't bothered me.

It was like the Running Gods were telling me to slow my roll and not get to cocky about my training over the past few weeks.

The good thing about these situations is being able to take it in stride and look towards the next day.

On a lighter note, Sandy had her TNT Winter Kick-off celebration. So that means she'll have two teams to deal with on those Saturday group runs. Maybe we'll be going to San Antonio......

The track workout was 3 X 2000M @ 10K pace and everyone did great. We even threw in some fast 400s on the last set.

Today I get to go to my EXTREME class with a tired and sore body. Don't you just love this stuff.

6 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Hey, if I remember right, you rode 300 freakin' miles?! One bad training run isn't gonna steal your mojo!!

Sonia said...

Yeah were all those sore 'parts' recovered!?!

Kim said...

Lisa is right-and you know this better than anyone...you are still recovering!

We need to meet up at a TNT event...I'm headed to San Fran, San Ant and Disney.

Jess said...

Like you said, it has to happen at some point. Always better to have an "off" day during training than on race day!

CoachLiz said...

YES! Come to San Antonio and you can party on the River Walk after the marathon with the Gulf Coast TNT peeps!

tfh said...

Good for you for being able to take it in stride. It's always a challenge for me not to let the negative thoughts get the best of me and start believing every run is suddenly going to turn bad. Ugh!

 
;