Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Recap

Okay, in my mind’s eye I run effortlessly across the horizon as I wave to the spectators and passersby. But did the Jamaicans make running 100 meters seem almost too easy? I’m sure someone will start the investigation into the Jamaican sprinters before it’s all over.
Friday was a day of 150s, I did 150 Wall Balls with a 20 lbs medicine ball followed by 150 assisted pull-ups. Damn 150 is a lot of anything!
Saturday I had the opportunity to help out with the Winter TNT team going to San Antonio. I’m hoping that Sandy gets an opportunity to go to this TNT event, it should be a blast. I love hearing the stories of people saying that they’ve never run this far in their life. Each week brings a new milestone for them.
Sunday was a day to get on the bike and venture out. I had no set destination but I knew I wanted to get in at least 40 miles. I almost ended up riding to downtown Detroit but the roads were getting worse and I didn’t want to chance it. As it turns out I got a flat just three miles from home. Note to all you new cyclists, carry that tube and everything you need to change a flat.
It’s Monday again and I can feel it!

6 comments:

Sonia said...

Sorry to hear about the flat, did you just start running that 3 miles with your bike on your back?? lol

I'm afraid of getting one as I have no F'ing clue how to change that....

Marcy said...

Ooooohhhh OK Mister!! Talk about MY post when you have "wall balls" in here :P

Jess said...

I think Usain Bolt really robbed himself of a 9.59 100m by slowing and waving, but when you're a 21 year old Olympian, I guess you want to take the time to bask in your own glory.

Kim said...

Bolt is awesome...I just hope he's clean. I hate thoughts of doping that linger when people have such a great performance.

Haven't been able to watch or keep up with the Olympics the last couple days...I'm sure he's done his 200M? and kicked booty too.

Good for him...if he wants to showboat-it's his time-it's his gold...just hope lightening doesn't strike him in the pants.

Lily on the Road said...

oh, a flat tire...yikes,

I haven't watched the Olympics at all this time, everytime I flick it on, it is just the commentators rambling on about the smog...

Coach Liz said...

Yeah, I feel like a slow slug next to any of those Olympic runners. I'm not worthy!!!

 
;