Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yo Adrienne

Since I’m not cycling, I can focus on my ‘Top-secret Rocky Balboa’ training. I’m still car-pooling which means getting into work at an un-godly (6:00 AM) hour of the morning. The heat and humidity have been almost unbearable during the day, so I’m running down by the Detroit River in the morning when I arrive at work.

When I first started doing this, I was still suffering from my cold and couldn’t help but cough out the yellow slimy lubricating substance consisting mostly of mucins and water the coats and protects mucous membrane. So it was difficult to get in a consistent pace and distance, thus the Rocky reference. I wasn’t able to make it to the top of the steps. Now that the cold is on the way out, I’m running better and even enjoying the sun rising over the horizon. Not really but it always sound good, I hate running in the morning, my body is still asleep.

You can always tell when your training isn’t going according to plans, when you make it top-secret!

My real workout of the day was four rounds of:

20 Wall ball with 25 lb medicine ball
20 Pull-ups
20 Pushups

I’ve come to the conclusion that I hate Wall balls!



8 comments:

Marcy said...

YOu just have to keep getting up early. You'll get used to it :P

CoachLiz said...

Um, what is a Wall ball???

Motownrunner said...

just pretend it's later. that always works for me. not. your comment about focusing was awesome!!

TNTcoach Ken said...

CoachLiz, here's a brief definition: We use a Medicine Ball and a flat vertical target (originally the wall and hence the name) located about 8-10 feet above the ground.
The movement begins as a front squat and follows through to a push press/shove that sends the ball up and forward to the target from which it rebounds back to the throwers outstretched arms where it is “absorbed” back into the squat. In its entirety the wall-ball is quite simply a throw.

Lily on the Road said...

Good job on getting all the slimy gorp out of your system...keep up the top secret workouts, whatever you're doing is going to help on the bike journey!!

Sonia said...

Thanks for all the gross details on the mucus.. lol

Good job getting out there, you'll start to like it a lot once your body adjust! Believe me!! In the summer in Windsor/Detroit early morning is the best time to run anyway!

Kim said...

20 Pull Ups? I wish I could do 1!

P.O.M. said...

Top Secret Workouts...hmmm I like to keep everything Top Secret. Except for the World Wide Web, of course.

 
;