Tuesday, July 8, 2008

WOD

Well, I'm back on the two a day workout routine. This morning was a 45
minute spinning class, which I need just to be sitting in the saddle.

They've made some modifications to our classes. Someone has decided that
the music being played during the class shouldn't contain a lot of
lyrics.
The thinking is the lyrics tend to distract individuals in the
class. Without lyrics, people will be better able to focus on their
peddle stroke and intensity.
I don't get it, we're on stationary bikes.

How much focus do I need? I can't fall off, okay maybe I can.

Being a child of the Motown age, I need and love lyrics. I've
been known to start up a tune during a marathon.
I'm the guy that makes up lyrics when he doesn't know the right
ones. What can I do with a song that has no words (Billy Preston
tribute).

Anyway, I survived the simulated mountain climbs and sprints by shouting
out obscenities instead.

Lunchtime brought about EXTREME torture class. I'm not sure if I'm getting stronger or the class routine is getting less torturous but I didn't die today! We're still doing Dive Bombers, Burpees and today it was Get Ups(one-armed straight arm with dumbbell and getting off the floor for twenty reps).

No running tonight with the Tuesday group, we've finally got rain during the evening.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Pretty soon you're going to be sportin a hot new bod if you keep it up ;-)

L*I*S*A said...

I think you'll be sending out invites to your own gun show soon. ;)

Lily on the Road said...

I love Billy Preston! How about a little Leon Russell? As for music with no lyrics, What's with that???

Okay Mr. Hot Bod, keep up the good work

Kim said...

Glad you're not dead!

 
;