Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's Been a While


I did something I haven’t done in quite some time. I skipped my lunchtime EXTREME class and went out to lunch! That’s right, I went to a restaurant with metal utensils and cloth napkins.

It was a little weird trying to eat pasta with a spoon and knife but the memories came back and I remembered how to use the fork. You can use a lot more pressure with real tableware as opposed to the plastic that I normally use while dining in front of my monitor at my desk.

The lunch occasion was for a co-worker that is leaving the company. This guy is a phenomenal runner and all around great guy. He’s also extremely knowledgeable about running and can rattle off the names of the men’s elite as if he knew them.

The really strange thing is that I definitely feel guilty about missing my lunchtime workout! I even took a glance at the class when I got back from lunch. They looked they were having so much fun, NOT!

The weather is absolutely fantastic, so in order to justify having a few BEvERages, I’m going out and running with the Tuesday drinking/running club.

It’s been a while since I ran but I think it’s still left, right, left..............

6 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

Have fun drinking and running, oh, I mean running then BEvERages!!!

Yes, I know that Michigan is south....silly rabbit!!!

Have fun....

Marcy said...

Running and some drinks. Sounds like a good make up plan to me :-)

L*I*S*A said...

Sometimes you just gotta hang with your pals. The workouts will be there when you return. :)

Sonia said...

you workout 5 days a week at lunch time?? On top of the morning sillyness? Wow, I'm pretty impressed!!

CoachLiz said...

I have felt that guilt before. I am sure that I am going to feel that guilt tonight. I have a party to go to, but I am skipping a 2 hour run. Hell, I already feel guilty!

liz said...

love your blog, coach! come train me for the san antonio rnr marathon. i have a planters fasciitis problem. what should i do?

 
;