Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday - WOD


The morning workout consisted of what is becoming my favorite form of gym torture, Wall-balls. I’ve increased the weight of the medicine ball to 25 lbs and the repetitions to 20. There is something strange about the quick jump in my heart rate and the fact that the ball gets heavier with each toss.

This is quickly followed by 20 pushups, and no these do not count towards the 100 push up challenge that everyone in Blogland is joining. I don’t think I want to do 100 consecutive pushups.....

Next we do wall triceps extensions for 20 peps, just to get a little extra burn and lastly 20 assisted pull-ups. Yay, I didn’t die after four rounds but I’m sweating like I’d run four miles in the heat.

I still hate waking up earlier to put myself through this crap but it’s what we do. I want to be a SAHM.........

Spinning class at lunchtime and the instructors are getting to be real pricks. Don’t they realize how old I am? I think they’re having a contest to see who can make me puke on the bike! Oaky maybe not but the class sure has gotten more intense.

Now I get to torture someone. We did our TNT track workout and they were supposed to run 1 mile, 2 miles and 2 x 800 at 5k pace. But once they get on the track everyone goes a little faster.

Wow, this was a long day with a little bit of work thrown in. Don’t you just love Wednesday?

2 comments:

Sonia said...

SAHM stands for Single Ass Hot Male???

I wish I had your training focus, when I can'T run much I'm not motivated to do anything else

Marcy said...

SAHM is Stay At Home Mom. You want to be me?!? I KNEW IT!! LOL :P ;-)

 
;