Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend Recap

The weekend was one long ride after another. Since my 300-mile bike ride is only days away, I accumulated 100 miles this weekend. Okay I know it wasn’t in one day but tell that to my butt!

Now I am officially in bike taper mode, which ironically means that I’ll be running the remainder of the week.

I’m preparing my list of items to take along for the ride and this is where it gets a little tricky. We’re not supposed to bring more than 50 pounds, which is really tough since we have to bring a tent and all of the associated camping items. I’m not a camper per se, so I need to bring anything that I might remotely need. I’m notorious for over-packing, so why not take a third lawn chair for our guest around the tent at night?

I’m still in awe of you tri-geeks out there in Blogland that get off your bikes and go for a run. Unless I’ve dropped something of real value while I was riding, I have no need to go anywhere, especially running! I’m exhausted and in the mood for an adult BEvERage when I’m done with a century ride.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

50 pounds?!? Dang would you want to bring any more than that?!?

Sonia said...

Yay for 100 miles this week-end!!

Do you have to carry that on your bike with you?!!? ;-) That would make it for a longggggggggggg ride!!

Libbie said...

Wow, I could do the riding but the camping would do me in! Good luck this weekend!

Lily on the Road said...

I'd have no room for a tent, once I've packed the adult BEvERages!!

Good job on the 100 miles, you're awesome!

 
;