Monday, July 7, 2008

Tivo Overload


Talk about being on two separate ends of the spectrum. The Olympics Trials ended with a 40 plus year old woman breaking records in the pool and a 16 year-old pixy passing older runners on the track. Then the Williams sisters dominate at Wimbledon.

I don’t know about you but I had my Tivo going on overtime this past week. The Olympic Trails make me want to go out and swim laps, after I run the hurdles and finish with a steeplechase. I own a tennis racket but that won’t be happening any time soon, sorry Serena and Venus.

We finally had what I perceive to be summertime weather, blue skies and sunshine. I actually got on my bike for the third consecutive day and wobbly legs and a very tender a$$..........

How the hell do those Tour de France guys do it?

6 comments:

Marcy said...

I hear you! I've got about 3 days worth of Trials to watch :-X LOL

L*I*S*A said...

I *heart* Dara Torres.

Period.

A 40-something gal after my own heart. I strive to be half as fit as her.

Lily on the Road said...

OMG, I just googled Dara Torres and believe me she has a new fan! She is awesome!! I just love her take on life....

okay back to you...LOL...try a gel seat on the bike, I got one and it works, mind you I'm on an old mountain bike and have lots of my "own" padding!!!

CoachLiz said...

Those guys in the tour have callouses. LOL!

Kim said...

Aren't those two amazing?? 40 and 16 and kicking everyone's booty! Love it!

Hope YOUR booty is doing well on that bike seat.

Runner Leana said...

Have you gotten yourself some majorly padded bike shorts? I've read about Chamois Butt'r as well, but I don't think that will help with sit bone soreness at all. Good luck!

 
;