Friday, September 28, 2007

Life Without Running

Well since my running has been non-existent, I’ll switch it up and use my strength training as a blog post.
Yesterday was arm day and as a change of pace I decided to superset biceps and triceps.
I started with a few warm-up sets of curls and extensions. Isn’t this stuff riveting?

Needless to say I kept most of the weights lighter than normal to ensure finishing the higher rep sets.

I know it’s not like telling someone how fast you ran mile three and what the terrain was like when you hit mile six.
Or how far you have to run to get in your daily recommended mileage for an upcoming race.
I have a doctor’s appointment on Monday and I’m going to ask how soon before I can run. Whatever the doctor tells me, I’m going to subtract two weeks. That’s how desperate I am to run. This is what a junkie must feel like without their drugs.
My fantasy Biggest Loser team is lingering at the bottom. I thought Bryan and Phil (I think that’s who I have) would do great but they’re only getting small numbers. I have to come up with a better strategy for picking my team.
I’m also trying to find some Cool-fit type shirts for our Downtown Running group and I’m not having any luck. Has anyone ordered T-shirts for a group before?
Okay, time to go push some more iron around!
Lastly, the Green Bay Packers are 3 – 0, Go Pack!

4 comments:

Sonia said...

I'm with you Running-addict! lol It is so hard not to be doing what you like and as for myself what is a stress relief.

I watched an episode of the biggest loser for the first time last week. Good luck in your pool!

So, you think you're going to be crazy enough to run Detroit? Or will I see you at the volunteer station?

TNTcoach Ken said...

Crazy? I've looked at your training schedule. See you on the bridge.

Pat said...

Don't count phil out just yet. everyone is in single digits, I bet a big week is fast approaching for our gang on Biggest Loser.

After this show, you get to add a player.

Hope the doctor says what you want him to say. Of course, he's probably telling the nurse, "I'm gonna tell the guy 3 weeks, cause you know runners, they'll subtract two weeks."

Jenniferlyn said...

LMAO _ I love Pat's comment about doctors and runners!!

 
;