Thursday, September 13, 2007

Who Needs Running?




I called the surgery center to check and see what number I was in the surgery service line. I am numero one, I have to be there at 6:15 AM in the morning!
Don’t they realize that I’m taking the day off work?
It’s amazing the stories that people have when they finds out that you’re having surgery. Fortunately for me I haven’t heard any nightmares, yet!
People have asked if I’m going to have the event filmed and if I would take the movie home for later entertaining evenings with popcorn.
I’m just concerned if I’ll be able to attend a pub-crawl that is scheduled for Saturday evening. Priorities people, you have to keep them.
I’m sure that I can put my running shoes away for a few weeks so, I’m becoming a weight lifter, body building, and steroid-taking gym rat.
Since I’ll be on the IR (injury reserved) I’m going to dedicate all of my efforts in the weight room.
Okay not all of them, but I have to do something while I rehab.
Of course the weather is just beginning to turn into perfect running weather! The morning temps are in the fifties and the evenings even better.
But do I care, Nooooooooooo, because I’ll be pumping iron and looking at myself in the mirrors at the gym.
On a different note, I’ve made my two selections for my Fantasy Biggest Loser team. I’ve selected David, the ex-football player. I think he should have the mindset to get through a lot of the crap. My other selection is Lezlye, she’s a survivor of Hurricane Katrina (nuff said).
So far Bryan has lost 15 pounds in the first week, which puts me in fourth place tied with a few others.

1 comments:

Sonia said...

Good luck tomorrow Ken, I'll be thinking about you and wishing everything goes well.

 
;