Monday, October 1, 2007

No Restrictions


Life is good again!

The Green Bay Packers are undefeated and in sole possession of first place and the doctor told me that I have no restrictions due to me knee surgery.
I’m still not going to go parachuting in the near future but the possibility of running may not be too far away.
I plan on taking it easy for a few more days and get my knee back to its normal size. There is still some swelling just from the surgery.
I was able to check out some photos that were taken during the surgery and it was interesting. The first thing they saw was loose cartilage floating around and then a tear of the meniscus, which was the pain on the inside of my knee. The loose cartilage was from a spot on the outside of my knee. Then there was the ever present arthritis that will be with me the rest of my life. No wonder I was having issues after each run, duh!
I’m going to get in just a few runs before the Detroit Half-Marathon. I don’t want too many people flying pass me on the course.

6 comments:

Jenniferlyn said...

*pout*

I miss Detroit all ready. And it is not even race weekend!!

I know that I am doing the right thing... but still... I am a little sad.

I hope that your recovery is progressing along nicely for you now!!!!

Runner Leana said...

Yay, so glad to hear your knee is recovering nicely! Sandy is going Goofy with TNT, eh? Best of luck to her.

Runner Leana said...

Oh, BTW - snow in October....not in the city yet thank goodness, just in the mountains! It was reasonably warm out there, but with all that snow around it sure looked cold!

Sonia said...

oh wow seeing pics of yourself open up must be smth.... I really can't imagine! Glad to read life is good again and you'll be on the road soon =) What time do you want to target for Detroit? I hope to see you at some point!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Sonia, I’ll just be on the course having fun with everyone. I’m not really thinking about a finish time. I’ll be happy to make it back from Canada….

Pat said...

now that's the way to run a race. take your camera, you know I never leave home without it.

 
;