Monday, September 10, 2007

Are you Ready for some Football?

It was a non-running weekend for me. I just couldn’t get motivated to run any distance knowing that I’ll be rehabbing in a few days. I can honestly say that missing days of running is getting too easy. I have to get out of this funk!
I was able to log a few miles on the bike, so it wasn’t a total couch potato weekend. I’ll probably put the bike on the trainer and begin my winter basement training. I plan on actually riding through an entire Spinerval DVD this winter, no matter how bored I get!
Sandy and her team came in 102nd place in the 100k Dances with Dirt Relay in Hell, Michigan. She took a couple of face plants but everyone survived. It took them just over ten hours, which makes for a long day.
On Sunday we attended the Sex Ferry bike ride, which took the place of the normal running Hash. Due to potential rain we cut it short and only rode on four ferries. Overall we completed about 34 miles and a few beers.
The Green Bay Packers won their season opener against Philadelphia, which was pleasantly unexpected but a win is a win.
The University of Michigan lost another game, could they go an entire season without a win? Will Lloyd Carr retire after this season?
Football as we know it is topsy-turvy, even the Lions won.

3 comments:

Pat said...

The Sex Ferry Bike Ride? And you only road on four ferries? I'm confused, we're those ferries boats?

Oh, maybe it's the Six Ferry Bike Ride. LOL

glad you got to watch some football and good luck with the knee.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Pat, we're a group of hashers so things are a little twisted. Yes, they were ferries that took us from the U.S. to Canada. Being close enough to the border has its advantages.

Sonia said...

I was about to ask if sex meant you're naked? Maybe I'm twisted and should join those hashers!!

Glad you enjoyed the ride!

 
;