Friday, June 13, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Game of Tag

I was tagged by Christy.

Here are the rules as explained to me.Copy the rules (or your version of them) and the set of questions onto your blog post, provide your own answers and then tag 5 new people. If tagged, you’ll find your name at the end of this post.To be sure everyone tagged knows they’ve been invited to play, go to their blogs and leave them a comment notifying and referring them to your blog for details.Lastly, once the chosen have answered the questions on their own blog, they should come back to yours to tell you.Here are my responses.

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?

Wow, I had to go back and check old race results to get an idea of what I was doing. From the looks of my running log, I was still running pretty good and probably without as many injuries. I was still racing quite a bit and high in my age group, boy that was a long time ago!

2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?

Best – The first time I ran a sub-forty 10K. It was something that everyone talked about and I knew exactly what I had to run each split at to accomplish this. It was just a matter of everything coming together and having the conditions being right for me.

Worst – The Detroit Free Press marathon that I dropped out of, my only one ever. Not only was my training lacking but the weather took a turn for the worst and it began to snow! We started in chilly temps and it got colder, windier and ultimately snow. It turned out to be a smart move on my part but it was the worst.

3. Why do you run?

I started as a way to quit smoking, although I was running and smoking in the beginning. Ah, a cigarette after a run, boy was that good. After so many years, my social and physical well-being revolved around running. I can’t stop because the people I know run. I’d be an outcast if I didn’t run, so I guess its peer pressure now.

4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you’ve been given about running?

Best - Cross train, but I didn’t heed this advice until about ten years after I started running. I thought all I needed to do was run, boy was I wrong! I may have been able to eliminate some of the injuries I encountered if I had listened and did it.
Worst – Those shoes still have a few more miles in them! Ouch, no they didn’t.

5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.

I played the clarinet for over two years as a kid and can’t remember any of it. I wish I had continued with the lessons. I would love to be able to play an instrument today.

These are the folks I'm tagging:

MotownRunner Girl
Running Part Deux
Laura Redman Running in RO
Solo Running Chick
Obrats

5 comments:

Sonia said...

Eh I'm tagged! =) I feel special lol Thanks Ken.

I definitely need to surround myself with more runners, sometimes peer pressure is a good thing to get your out the door!!

I'll think about my answers now...

Marcy said...

I sooooo can't picture you playing the clarinet! LOL That's cute though.

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

I share alot with you in #4 and #5 - I am a has been clarinet player - wish I wouldn't have stopped and also wish I would have seen the wisdom in cross training many years before. It isn't optional.

Amy
www.runnerslounge.com
blog.runnerslounge.com

Motownrunner said...

Hi coach KEN!! You used to smoke and play the clarinet?? I secretly with I was a good guitar player. I forget everything I learned in class last year! I answered your questions on my blog so now you must visit.

Anonymous said...

wow...very interesting!
You were one speedy runner!!

 
;