Monday, June 9, 2008

Premonition


Okay, I don’t claim to be psychic but I can tell you that on July 26 at approximately 1:39 PM, I will be physically dead. I’m going die on this 300-mile bike ride! Wait, I’m doing it for the kids.....
I decided to just concentrate on cycling and put the running on hold for a few days to get my time in the saddle. Well, the saddle won this weekend.
I rode for thirty five miles on Saturday and thirty miles on Sunday and now I’m standing to write this post! I need some gluteus conditioning.........
It’s not like I have a lot of confidence in my training but add a headwind and it gets downright discouraging. Pedaling away and only going eleven mph makes me want to turn around and call it a day. Ah, but when you head back with that tailwind you start thinking yellow jersey time.
So now I have weird tan lines, which has to be common for triathletes. I still have my TNT singlet tan from my events and now I have the bike shorts tan lines on my legs.
I need to find a nude beach to even out this old body!

10 comments:

Marcy said...

Alright!! Nude beaches! That's what I'm talking about! :P

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to stand up every few miles!!! ha!

Kim said...

Awesome! LOL!
300 miles...WOW! Best of luck!

Lily on the Road said...

Wow 300 miles!

you'd better get use to those tan lines if that is the distance LOL!!

Good for you!

L*I*S*A said...

Nothin' better than cycling/running tan lines. This transformation is my sign of the beginning of summer training season. :)

Crosstrain said...

I'm glad to support your ride, you'll do great. Hope you can find a group to ride a couple of 40 milers with next weekend! Sounds like a great ride, maybe I'll come north for it in 2009.

Al Durham said...

The tan lines change daily. That is part of the training.

CoachLiz said...

I am the queen of funky tan lines dude! You should see the ones on my feet from my tri shoes that I wear on the bike without socks. Then there is the white band around my right ankle from kinesiotape then the rainbow of cycle/tri shorts lines on my legs. Top it off with the dark stripe across my lower tramp stamp area where the tri top rides up from the low cut tri shorts when I am on the bike along with the assortment or strap lines from varrious running bras and the wife beater shoulders from the tri tops.

People laugh at me at the neighborhood pool when I go up there with my kid to try to even up the tan.

Motownrunner said...

so i feel super lame that for the longest time i didn't know this blog had been going on. i think i used to click on the other blog on your profile, which didn't seem to be as updated. so anyhow, i really like reading this and am glad i found it. i still feel really lame it took so long. so, good luck on your 300 miler. and guess what?? i was in a nude beach once!!! i just happened to be walking on this beach and suddenly, everyone was naked!! it was great bc they were really normal people, not the super beautiful, perfect body types.

Motownrunner said...

in other words, newcomers didn't feel intimidated!!

 
;