Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why Me?


Can somebody tell me why am I going through the agony and effort? I went to another ‘EXTREME hurt your body in new places” class. The trainer held it indoors so we could get in some core work and use more of the equipment.

The class consisted of a routine of doing thirty repetitions of three exercises. Which doesn’t sound like a lot, until you make it four sets with little or no time for recovery?

It’s amazing what a person can have a group of endorphin craving individuals do. I hate doing squats as a solitary exercise, why would I want to do them with my arms raised holding two dumbbells above my head? We did that thirty freaking times! Okay, now do thirty pushups and finish off this set with thirty squat jumps onto an elevated step.

First set, no problem!

Second set, hey this is getting a little tough.

Third set, WTF I can’t feel my arms. I can’t do one pushup and I sweating like crazy.

Fourth set, I’m not doing this shit, I hate that MF.

Then Mr. Trainer realizes that we have time left for some ab/core work. Why should I do this, I love my BEvERages and I’m looking forward to my big belly.

Needless to say I finished the class but it got me to thinking, why am I going through this?

6 comments:

Marcy said...

To look fly for all the hunnies! LOL

CoachLiz said...

Come on, you love that class. Admit it! You want to master that class and make it your B**ch!!! As a fellow trainer, we make people do the things that they would never do on their own, but that they really are wanting to do.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

TNTcoach Ken said...

So that’s how those twister trainer minds work?

Lily on the Road said...

Too funny, OMG Marcy!!!

You're doing it so you CAN have those BEvERages!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Have a great weekend Mr. Hardbody!!!

LMAO!

L*I*S*A said...

Ken, I can't thank you enough for your support and words of encouragement. You are the best. Thanks for running along with me....

Laura said...

Coach Ken!! I'm going to remember this post next time you try to run me over w/ your car because I am running too slow! By the way, you should try yoga--very good for stretching places that hurt and hurting places that don't.

ps. Email me Bayshore photos when you get a chance. It was great to see you on the course.

 
;