Thursday, May 8, 2008

Why am I so stupid, oh I mean competitive?

Why would I partake in a class that has the word ‘Extreme’ in it? Well I am stupid sometimes and competitive the rest of the time.

The Wellness Center at my job offered a challenge to the employees to take ‘Extreme Body Sculpt’ class and being the athlete that I think I am, I jumped at it (more on this later).

Now I normally don’t take a lot of group classes because I tend to go overboard and pay for it later. Who really wants to see a grown man cry in a Pilate’s class?

These classes are a combination of movements that you never do in your daily routine, like the Push-up to Squat Jump!

I can do push-ups and I can do squats, why do I need to put them together?

Jumping is one of the activities that I shy away from after a knee surgery and arthritis, but remember I’m stupid and competitive.

Hey, I made it through three sets with minimal knee pain, but we weren’t done.

If this wasn’t in a class environment I would have stopped and walked away, but nooooooooooooo.

Hey, let’s do some jumping in place with our knees touching our outreached hands, are you kidding me?

Two sets of these and I can feel the throbbing in both knees, but we’re doing three sets.

Did I mention that all of this is being performed outside on concrete? I know, now the stupid in me kicks in.

So needless to say, I completed the class with my dignity in tack.

Now if I can only get my pants legs over my swollen knees……………..

3 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Ouch!

I would pretty much die. I'm convinced of it.

Lily on the Road said...

OMG, you've made me laugh out loud, I wouldn't even attempt any of that!!!

Libbie said...

OMG, you just made me spit my beer out. Thanks!

 
;