Thursday, May 1, 2008

Oh The Pain

This morning I was awaken to the worst muscle crap that I have ever had! Now we’ve all had the calf muscle cramps, where you can sorta walk them off and get back to bed with not a lot of noise but this was way different. I had the most excruciating pain in my left quad muscle that I’ve ever had. This was not one that a walk would get rid of. It was so bad that I scared the crap out of Sandy with my yelling. It’s also at these times when my mind just goes off into Lalaland.
Should I go to Emergency? For a crap!What if this is more than a cramp, I’m probably having a stroke!Where are my pants?I can’t see, I’m going blind too? Oh the lights are off……
After three minutes of massaging and having a heating pad placed on the area, I was finally able to lie back down in bed but my mind was going a thousand miles an hour. This is always when I find myself so vulnerable, in the middle of the night. My own mortality comes to the forefront of my mind. I start to think about all of the possible illnesses that I’ll probably contract and eventually cause my demise. I can’t even fight off the common cold, how am I going to handle cancer? What if I get one of those one month to live speeches? I am such a baby about this stuff.Hey the creator of LSD died the other day, he was 102 years old, maybe that’s what I need……
This getting old crap SUCKS!

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Oooohhhh please! You're not getting old ;-)

Al Durham said...

Hang in there coach. Now I know what I have to look forward to..lol

Lily on the Road said...

Oh, Ken, take a deep breath and don't think so much! You'll be okay.

Yes, we both are getting "a tiny bit older" but please get that checked out...

I'm like you...it does frighten me when pains and cramps happen in the middle of night...my cat Lily doesn't know how to dial 911.

Take care and no You don't need LSD, hahahah, ahhhh the 60's LOL!!!

look after yourself....

Libbie said...

You're not getting old! I had a similar episode the other night with my right calf. I woke Chris up, screaming, hollering, carrying on, and could scarcely get back to sleep. I'm going to try to eat more bananas and stretch more. Who knows if it will help?!

 
;