Friday, February 29, 2008

Monthly Recap


Okay, it seems like everyone in Blogland will be recapping their monthly totals for this glorious month. I on the other hand will only chalk the month of February as a lost month for running.
Even as I write this post it’s snowing like crazy outside. My inner child thinks it looks really pretty on the trees and such but the adult in me is thinking about the commute home and how long its going to take. I’m to the point I don’t even like running in this frozen precipitation any more.
Just to show you what type of winter we’ve been having here in the high-five state, local municipalities are running out of salt for the roads. I’m assuming that they budgeted enough from previous winters and just have exhausted their supply. The MetroPark where we do our long runs is using gravel on the running path as an alternative to salt! Will this winter crap never end?
Fortunately today is a rest day, so I didn’t have to run in circles on the indoor track for another day. They only change the direction to run in weekly, so I was tired of leaning in the same direction anyway.
I’m hoping to get in some good mileage this weekend to start the month of March like a lion, and not a Detroit Lion………..

2 comments:

Marcy said...

You know, I was thinking the SAME thing about the month of Feb. It's been dismal on the running front for me as well *sigh* Hopefully March will be better ;D

Sonia said...

alleluiha March is here, enough with the white crap!!! lol

I sure won't be sad to leave this winter wonderland in April....

 
;