Sunday, February 24, 2008

February Sucks

Okay, I’m not a doctor and I don’t play one on television but I swear I must have exercise induced asthma. My last three runs have been horrid! I can’t seem to get a truly deep breath even when I’m not running fast.
Oh no, I just read that Solo Running Chick has Bronchitis, maybe that’s what I have. Can you catch it from blogging?
Granted I’m running in colder temperatures, but this is crazy. I did happen to talk to another runner that has the same symptoms as I have and he attributes it to a cold.
So now I have to make the determination if it’s the cold air or me. I perform my experiment in a controlled environment (indoor track) and see if I’m able to run at a pre-determined pace without the same discomfort that I encountered outside.
I’ve been really pissed that my mileage has taken a nosedive for the Walk/Run Across Arizona. Even with me bringing in some really low numbers, our team was still in decent shape. I’ll have to find a way to make it up in the upcoming weeks.
You ever notice, even the calendar pictures fro February suck! We even have to deal with an additional day this year.

4 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Good news only one more week of February.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your weather!
Country Music is getting closer. Hope you feel better. Maybe it will all come together when the weather changes!

Sonia said...

I might have definitely cough your way! You can guess I'm a "loved" person at work right now...me and my germs.

I can't wait till Feb is over too, and now MORE SNOW?! What the hell, this is not the Artic!

So, you're running the full in Nashville?!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Sonia, I'm taking a TNT team down there, which means I could be running more than a marathon!

 
;