Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy VD


What a great turnout for our ‘Footwear and Apparel’ clinic!

I love the look on the faces of the newbies when they hear about the different types of running shoes and the reasons behind them. I hope we didn’t confuse them even more. This is the only time when I’m able to insert the word supination into a casual conversation?

Another chore is having to convince someone that they don’t have to lose a toenail to complete a marathon! Or explaining why cotton becomes your enemy, especially in the colder temperatures.

The other thing that always amazes me is how women can shop in a running store as if it was Lord & Taylor! These ladies were trying on clothing in piles, shoe boxes were everywhere.

Okay, let’s talk about my running. I opted for the indoor track over the dreadmill today. I only had to run 372,382 laps to equal a mile! Okay, it was only eight laps but it seemed longer. I came out with a slight lean to one side from all of the turns.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

You still running inside? Wimp ;-) Just kidding... when I'm your age I'll probably do the same :P

hahaha I hope you get my sense of humor by now!

Please tell mother nature that we want our usual "winter" not this madness!!!

Libbie said...

Hey, you're lucky. I have to run 16 laps around the indoor track at my gym to make one mile! I'm dazed and confused after three laps---or was that four?

 
;