Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Going in Circles


I finally did something that was well overdo but nonetheless painful as hell! I ran on the indoor track at work.
I had to make a determination if the outside temperatures were affecting my breathing, which resulted in crappy runs.
I was actually able to run and breathe without any difficulty. The only problem was that I was running indoors on a track! I had to go in circles eight times to complete a mile. I wanted to die but they frown on employees dying on their lunch break.
I was able to complete my 8000 laps or whatever is equivalent to 2 miles and came away feeling really good. Now I need to have the discipline to run on the track more often.
What do you think about as you pass the same couple of walkers, over and over again? My Ipod isn’t even helping. Our track overlooks the basketball court and some of the exercise equipment but I can’t get into this circle running.
I’ll do it because I have to get in some miles and this appears to be the only way for now.
Oh by the way, we got more snow and wind and snow. See you on my next lap around………..

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I impressed that you are doing what you have to do to get those miles in...even on an indoor track. Hope this solves your breathing problem. Nashville will probably be warm!!

 
;